Dear Valley Stream Community,
This message is a follow up to the one you received late last evening regarding an Internet threat
directed at the District.
The Nassau County Police Department continues to investigate this incident in collaboration
with the District. There has been no additional information disclosed that would indicate that
there is a current credible threat. The case remains open. Anyone with information is encouraged
to contact the district and/or NCPD. Please see their alert here.
Out of an abundance of caution additional safety measures have been taken which include:
• Lockout Procedure in effect.
• All bags were checked and searched at arrival.
• North and South High School students remain in the building for lunch periods.
• Increased exterior security patrols
• Intensive patrol visits by NCPD patrol and specialty units.
Please know that the safety and security of our students and staff is always our first priority.
A follow up email will be sent this afternoon updating our community as we move forward.
Wayne R. Loper, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools