It is our mission in the Fine Arts Department to have an open opportunity for all Central High School students to participate in visual arts. We are striving to create well rounded individuals who develop aesthetic and critical thinking skills. Problem solving and decision making in these areas help prepare the students to meet the demands necessary at the post secondary level.
- Understand and apply a wide variety of media, techniques, and processes;
- Use and apply knowledge of terminology, structures and functions;
- Choose and evaluate a range of subject matter, symbols, and ideas promoting independent thought and constructive imagination;
- Understand the visual arts in relation to history and cultures;
- Reflect upon and assess the characteristics and the work of others, focusing on development of a sense of quality and appreciation of craftsmanship;
- Make connections between visual arts and other disciplines.