Dear Valley Stream Community,
At this time law enforcement authorities are still investigating the social media threat received
by our District. While they have no new information to share as of yet, I wanted to keep our
community updated as to the measures the District continues to take to ensure the safety of our
students and staff.
The following measures will remain in effect for the remainder of this week.
• All after school activities will be cancelled.
• Our buildings will again open tomorrow morning with a Lockout Procedure in effect.
• Students have been instructed to leave all bags at home to speed entrance to our
buildings. This includes laptop bags. Please have your child or children bring their device
• North and South High School students will again remain in the building for lunch
• Increased exterior security patrols will remain in effect.
• Intensive patrol visits by NCPD patrol and specialty units will continue.
Law enforcement continues to investigate this incident in collaboration with the District. The
case remains open and anyone with information is encouraged to contact the district and/or
Nassau County Police Department.
The safety and security of our students, staff and all who visit our schools is our first priority and
we will take whatever measures are necessary to ensure all in our community feel safe in our
Thank you for your support and in helping keep our schools and community safe!
Wayne R. Loper, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools