Dear Valley Stream Community,
This message is a morning update regarding an Internet threat directed at the District.
The Nassau County Police Department continues to investigate this incident in collaboration
with the District. There has been no additional information disclosed that would indicate that
there is a current credible threat. The case remains open. Anyone with information is encouraged
to contact the district and/or NCPD. Please see their alert here.
Given that the police continue to investigate this matter, the following measures will remain in place
today to ensure everyone’s safety.
• All after school activities will be cancelled today, Wednesday, October 26, 2022.
• Our buildings will open tomorrow morning with a Lockout Procedure in effect.
• Students have been instructed to leave all bags at home to speed entrance to our
buildings. This includes laptop bags. Please have your child or children bring their device
• North and South High School students will again remain in the building for lunch
• Increased exterior security patrols will remain in effect.
• Intensive patrol visits by NCPD patrol and specialty units will continue.
The District is aware that these types of threats are of great concern to parents and students in our
District. Please know they are extremely troubling to us, and we take any threat, of any kind,
very seriously. We continue to work closely with law enforcement to determine who is
responsible for these threats, and to determine what, if any, additional security measures the
District might take.
A follow up email will be sent tomorrow morning updating our community and providing a plan
for the status of afternoon events.
Thank you for your support and in helping keep our schools and community safe!
Wayne R. Loper, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools